20 November 2007

Cherish the love

I went on day to church and in his sermon the priest talked
about a chapter in the Bible, written by Luca. When I listened to
it, I instantly knew that "Pay it forwad "resembles so much with it, and
I understood that one can do this only out of love...the priest told
us that only if one loves the other person, no matter of color, skin,
name, in the way one loves himself, than he can help him be blessed ...that all
the light and good will come out of love.


The Parable of the Good Samaritan

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus.
"Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"

"What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"

He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and
with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your
mind; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, "And who is
my neighbor?"

In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to
Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of
his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest
happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he
passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the
place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he
traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on
him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine.
Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took
care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins[e] and gave
them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return,
I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who
fell into the hands of robbers?"

The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."
Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."


My thoughts are really concentrated on how can I express my love for other people , how can I help them ... can I do like in Pay it forward, can I help someone with something one can not help himself on his own? Do I find this great power in me to transform the sadness of someone in long lasting happiness?

"All is said and done, but it;s more said than done"

Peace in soul...Mili

1 comment:

Milishor said...

Tjeerd : " Although not being a religious person myself as you know. I think this is beautiful and these are things everybody should know and follow to the best of there capabilities. But, let's face it, in this world it is sometimes hard to do and hard to preserve. Some people you help will stab you in the back as soon as you turn around or don't pay attention. This is a real shame. But In my opinion I would rather be stabbed in the back every now and then and help as many people as possible then to be on the safe side and feel regret in my hard every day that passes...thanks Mili "